This is what you can do:
- Bring in an image of a human face
- Choose a preset that represents the angle from which your photo was shot
- Modify build in masks for eyes, nose, lips and ears
- Create custom masks to take objects like hair, neck and shoulder into consideration
- Generate a 3D-Surface based on those masks
- Move a camera around this surface and keyframe it to create an animation
- Render it in Full HD (1920×1080) or 4K (3840×2160)
- 3D Portrait V1 (Will work with CS4 and higher)
- 60 Minutes of video Tutorial
- PDF document with the controls explained
Please keep in mind that this tool was created to animate portraits of human faces only.
If you would like to animate all other types of photos please check out Photo Animator.
Also keep in mind that although this is a 3-dimensional effect, it is generated from a 2-dimensional image and therefore it has it’s limitations.
This doesn’t generate a full-spherical-3d-head-model, but displaces a planar surface.
There will be some kinds of photos which will work better then others. But for most of the photos I have tried it on, it worked great.
A basic understanding of After Effects’ 3d-Space and camera movement is recommended.
This is complex effect, so depending on your machine, expect little longer render times. You always have the option to lower the 3d-Surface’s resolution though.
no music included (the great music track from the preview can be purchased HERE)
no pictures included (pictures I used in the video and the tutorials are all from unsplash.com and pixabay.com Once again thank you so much to all photographers and people who made that website possible)
Miss a feature? Write me, I’m happy for any suggestions and always looking for ways to improve the tool