Ponte de Lima is a Portuguese village in Viana do Castelo District, Northern region and sub-region of Minho-Lima, with about 2 800 inhabitants. It is characterized by its medieval architecture and the surrounding area, bathed in the river Lima.
It is the seat of a municipality with 320.25 km ²  and 43,498 inhabitants (2011 ), divided into 39 parishes.  The municipality is bordered to the north by the municipality of Paredes de Coura, east by Arcos de Valdevez and Ponte da Barca, southeast of Vila Verde, south of Barcelos, west of Viana do Castelo and Caminha and northwest by Vila Nova de Cerveira.
very important locality from the Roman era, owned a palace Lion Kingdom of Court, documented by archaeological finds and other written documents.
Dona Teresa received charter on March 4, 1125.
It is here the originating Limiano cheese.