Faux Parent will give you all the power of normal parenting, but with the freedom that you will never get from a “real” parent. Faux Parent is an After Effects preset that will let you decided how much control the parent can have over the child.
• Position-Parent: XY, X Only, Y Only, XY Inverted, X Only Inverted, Y Only Inverted
• Scale-Parent: XY, X Only, Y Only, XY Inverted, X Only Inverted, Y Only Inverted
• Rotation-Parent: Standard & Inverted
• Opacity-Parent: Standard & Inverted
• Add a delay to any Faux Parent mode. The delay is added in the number of frames set by the user. Use the Master Delay to sync all parameters or select a different delay amount for each property.
• Faux Parent allows you to use a different parent for each property (position, scale, rotation, and opacity). Therefore, the user can up to four parents for one child layer.
• Set the anchor point of the child independent of the parent. You can rotate your child from any point. You aren’t limited to the parent’s anchor point.
• Compatible with Adobe After Effects CS6 and above.
• Compatible with all language versions of AE.
• Comes with a Faux Parent icon for KBar https://aescripts.com/kbar/
• Include a tutorial to help you get the most out of Faux Parent.
Faux Parent Update 1.1
• An influence slider has been added. You can now have your child inherit 0%-200% of the parent’s parameter of choice
• Frame sync has been removed in favor of allowing the user to set the sync position using two different types of markers on the child layer
• Updated the tutorial to reflect the changes to the sync types
Faux Parent Update 1.2
• The influence slider can now be increased to 1000%
• Parent Type can now be keyframed
• New Parent Type – X, Y Inverted
• New Parent Type – X Inverted, Y
• New rotation mode – Target
• Target allows the layer to point towards the parent. Delay and influence strength are both supported. Use the manual offset to adjust the initial rotation value.