- Home /
- Stock Footage
Choose from over 2,095,900 stock videos. Explore items created by our global community of independent video professionals, confident they're hand-reviewed by us.Read more
Instantly buy and download stock video footage for your next project.
Stock video, also known as stock footage, is a film clip or piece of video content that is often inserted into larger productions.
Whatever you call it, using stock footage for your video project saves you time, money and also saves effort shooting new material. No more days spent looking for locations, equipment, operators and so on. Additionally, between hiring video professionals and actors, the costs add up.
So, if saving time and money sounds good to you, you'll love VideoHive!
VideoHive is home to a huge selection of royalty-free stock video footage to meet your project's unique needs. Our collection includes everything from corporate and business videos to fireworks. Take a look through our nature collection for forests, oceans and mountains to single elements like smoke, fire and water droplets. We even have animated sketches and cartoons. Need a specific style? No problem, you can find slow motion, stop motion and time lapse.
Whatever you're looking for, you're sure to find video footage that suits your needs in our collection.
Should you use stock footage?
Whoa, is that right? Over 3 hundred thousand stock footage clips? Yes, that's correct. VideoHive is home of a huge library of stock videos of all sorts, for all purposes and all kinds of projects. In fact, using stock footage for a project can be a great idea for at least three pretty big reasons:
- It saves you time. If you're creating a movie, you probably have already planned to spend a lot of time on it. And that's fair enough. But if you just need to create a short clip, say, to promote a service your company offers, you might want to get it done quickly. One of our videos from VideoHive, or more than one, will be perfect to deliver a great-quality clip without having to spend days looking for location, actors, equipment, operators and so on.
- It saves you money. Obviously, all the above doesn't only require time, but also budget. A pretty large one in fact. Between hiring video professionals, actors and locations, the costs add up. This is true both for small and big projects. Imagine your 30-minute video is all shot inside, but you need to show the aerial view of an outside location for just a few seconds. Those few seconds could move the budget needle up quite a bit. Also, even if you did have a drone, you still might need a license or a specific permit to record a specific location or landmark.
- It saves you effort. If your video's theme is "Under the sea" but you're not a diver, or don't have proper equipment, there's no need to abandon the project. And what if you need a type of shot that it would take you months of practice to master? Bam! Stock footage comes to the rescue.
Pretty solid reasons! No wonder our collection is so wide. There's everything from the most classic corporate videos with people happily looking at computer screens to Christmas lights and fireworks. You can find slow motion, stop motion, time lapse and all that jazz. The Nature collection spaces from forests and oceans to single elements like smoke, fire and water droplets. There are even animated sketches and cartoons.
What about the specifics, you ask? Let's see:
- Resolution. No problem with that. HD (720p), Full HD (1080p), 2K and 4K-we've got them all.
- Frame rate. It starts from 23.98fps. The majority of clips are between 24 and 30fps, but you can also find plenty of videos shot at 50 or 60fps, and some even above 60.
- Length. The longest videos on VideoHive are 30-minute clips. On the other side of the spectrum you'll find clips as short as 1 second.
- Looped. You know the classic fireplace clip that goes on forever? That's a looped video (you probably already knew this... just act surprised). If that's what you're after, you can use the "looped" filter on the left side of the page.
- Number of people. Also on the left side of the page, this filter allows you to search by how many people you need in your video-from one to 5+ or a crowd.
Finally, if you need good background music for your clip, we recommend checking out AudioJungle, our marketplace for royalty free music. There is also a very handy Tuts+ article to help you out: Score! How to Use Background Music in Your Video. And you're sorted!