Film damage is an amazing, customizable After Effects tool that adds a highly authentic old film look to your footage.
This is a 100% After Effects project file. The effect is completely procedural. That means it uses only standard After Effects effects (no pre-renders or third party plug-ins are involved) and is totally adjustable by the user to achieve a huge variety of different looks. But don’t take my word for it, check out the user guide on-line here.
The download comes with an html user guide as well as a very detailed video tutorial. (that’s why the download is big!)
Here’s the specs
- totally customizable effect
- customize: dust, dirt, scratches, pulse, flicker, grain, weave, jitter, sprocket jump, light leak, burn-out, punch-hole, vignette, color
- download includes a 1920×1080 and a 1280×720 version
- NTSC (29.97 fps), PAL (25 fps) and film (24 fps) frame rates included
- Universal: works in all language versions of After Effects.
- Compatible with all After Effects versions CS4 and above, including After Effects CC.
Music is not included in the download. It’s called Honky Tonk Piano by Soundroll. You can get it from Audiojungle here
The preview as you see it is a demonstration of the Film Damage effect in action. The preview file is not included in the download.