• Senior Reviewer
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+3 more
baf2681 Reviewer says

FCP since 02 and never looked back to anything else.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United States
nemo276 says

I use Final Cut mostly because it’s quick on the slices and capturing footage (kona AJA ). Avid Adrenaline has it’s moments from time to time.

Ultimately, I’m in love with autodesk smoke, hands down the greatest I’ve worked with….next to flame of course, but that’s just me.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
After Effects CS4 , Final Cut Pro

Brock you are back!! awesome!

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

I use Premiere, Final Cut, AE and some Motion…

5031 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says
Ultimately, I’m in love with autodesk smoke, hands down the greatest I’ve worked with….next to flame of course, but that’s just me.

Sounds like you’re using some pretty high end stuff Nemo. I’m go out on a limb and suggest that most Videohivers don’t get their paws on Smoke / Flame / Adrenaline all that often.

Sad thing is that I think Autodesk missed a trick a few years back by not turning Smoke / Flame into a semi-affordable desktop application and trying to go mass market with it. They’d probably have cleaned up in the compositing market.

Maybe it’s my imagination, but I don’t think post houses are using Flame anything like as much as they used to. Is Flame going the same way as Hal / Henry etc?

-f.

13 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
nemo276 says

@ Felt_tips; I’ve been lucky being exposed and had opportunities to learn from other flame artist (I guess those interning nights have paid off somewhat).

True, a lot of houses are switching to FCP and AE for their needs but then again, a lot of those houses are working on projects that have quick turn-a-rounds and have freelance artists that are in abundance of knowing AE and FCP .

The houses that do possess the flame/smoke I’ve seen are the ones that concentrate heavy on the composite work and visual effects. It falls in line with the Boujou tracking system that’s pricey compared to mocha or syntheyes.

I think sometime in the future that they’ll have to come down on the price especially if AE is excelling the way they are with the new tools and collabs with other developers in CS5 .

Lol, Hal….oh man that takes me back, even when I ways using an old school PVR for my animation sequences with Premiere. They should have a museum for old systems like the Hals and Henry’s, Stratus etc.

Check out the “Computers Arts projects” mag issue 132 when you get a chance, It has timelines “decade of design” trends in the industry, amazing, we’ve come a long way.

158 posts
  • Canada
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
Assasain14 says

I Use; Adobe After Effects CS5 , Adobe Premier Pro CS5 , Sony Vegas Pro 9, And Sometimes Camtasia Studio 7. If You Have The Money I’d Suggest After Effects And Vegas Pro 9. Comes With Everything You Need.

62 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Repetition says

Premiere Pro for me.

Except I use Cyberlink Power Director a lot. It’s a horrible/buggy $60-100 video editor but it has a really great Motion Slideshow designer.

Normally I use one “style” and then go through and do some fast tweaking (like motion starting on a person or object or image and then zooming out to the full image – or the reverse). In the 2nd video below you can see how easy it is to control the motion path and zoom/rotation. You can also apply a transition or random list of transitions to a large number of photos on the timeline – at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtvrMDa5e3k&feature=player_embedded & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Ly9KaizT4&feature=player_embedded#at=78

I can’t remember what it was, but I saw a plugin that was much better a long time ago, but it was $500.

My other favorite “slideshow” (AE) is with this method, except I love using Form instead of Particular: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/birnholz_rob/red_giant_3d_montage.php

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
graphic4444 says

vegas rocks

by
by
by
by
by
by