1107 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

hey, due to electricity crash my pc shut down while working. now when I try to load my aep back it says: “unable to import file. bad format or not readable”

Help?..

-inlife

126 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
VProxy says

hey, due to electricity crash my pc shut down while working. now when I try to load my aep back it says: “unable to import file. bad format or not readable”

Help?..

-inlife

Hi friend, I also had lots of such experience. As far as i know its not possible to make the file work. But if you are lucky enough check for auto backup option is enabled. If it is enabled you can take the last saved file from backup. If not then i am big sorry.

Its always good to save multiple copies of project.

Also have UPS .

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Help?..

-inlife

Hi friend, I also had lots of such experience. As far as i know its not possible to make the file work. But if you are lucky enough check for auto backup option is enabled. If it is enabled you can take the last saved file from backup. If not then i am big sorry.

Its always good to save multiple copies of project.

Also have UPS .

True.

98 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Bulgaria
+6 more
Stefoto says

hey buddy, make sure you save multiple copies of your files using the Increment and save option in after effects and get a UPS as soon as possible. This is a MUST for our kind of work. I hope you were in the beginning of the project and there is not much lost.

PS. Prodavat dobri UPS -i za 200-400 lv. Moq go zeh za 200 durji 10 min ot momenta na spirane na toka, ima LAN za6tita i spira tokovi udari. Dori ima software koito sam seiva vsi4ko i gasi kompa kogato bateriqta na UPS -a padne pod 30% ili kolkoto ti mu zadade6.

5166 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Possibly corrupted, although that usually shouldn’t happen unless you were mid save when the machine crashed.

If I ever work in-house at a firm, the first thing I ever do is turn autosave on. I also progressive save projects on an approximately 3 hourly basis – even more often at the end of a project with a deadline. I also I run a back up to another disk at least once a day and upload the absolutely indispensible files to a web server once a day. None of this takes long and none of it is hard to do.

Computers crash, hard drives die, files get corrupted.

If it’s any consolation, my first lesson to this effect was having a hard-drive die on me 2 days before the end of a three week project. I lost everything. Fortunately it was a deadline that was extendible and building the project the second time round could be done within a week or so. But it was a very stressful moment, the realisation that everything had gone.

That was my wake up call.

Be safe. Preferences -> Auto-save :)

-f.

2353 posts Small, but tough
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I have a great habbit. I press ctrl-s almost every minute :D (Life expirience :D)

1134 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Switzerland
+8 more
SonicCube says

I have a great habbit. I press ctrl-s almost every minute :D (Life expirience :D)

;) same here…often i do not even realize i pressed :)

5166 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Auto save is better – it saves a copy. Otherwise you’re in danger of making a mistake and saving it. Just as annoying!

-f.

1107 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

So basically I am screwed..

-inlife

3946 posts After Effects Templates
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+9 more
miseld says

Auto save is better – it saves a copy. Otherwise you’re in danger of making a mistake and saving it. Just as annoying! -f.

It’s great option but if you forget to delete autosave folder you are screwed again when file goes to review.

P.S. Filips knows what i’m talking about :D

@Inlife Try to open file with newer version of AE. or do IMPORT sometimes works for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by