8 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
Maik336 says

Hi There!

A lot of clients are asking me if i can make a project for them. I bought the project files from authors on videohive with a regular license.

Is it legal to buy another regelar license for the client and charge my own price for customize the project?

If so… Can i purchase another regelar license on my own name for the client?

Kind regards,

Maik

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

This is legal as long as you’re not selling the project as your own. Your clients should know that they are paying you for the service of customizing the template, not for the creation of the entire work. But yes, if the client is okay with this, the single license would be enough.

You can also buy it on behalf of the client. But that means that the purchase history is in your account when the client is the one that actually owns the single license. So if that client decides to come on here for support at any point in time, there would be no record of their purchase, and it could get difficult.

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Maik336 says

Thank you,

I need to explain that someone else design the project and that i will customize the project.

If i can buy a license on behalf of the client and i will customize the project i am the link between the autor and my client. The client don’t need the support.

I could use one project for different clients, but i will give the authors credits for there great jobs. But if the client get a problem with a licence issue he can point at me and i can show that i have 5 licence for 5 different movies. Is that correct?

I can see myself as a link between the authors and my clients.

Happy that’s legal!

Regards!

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says
I could use one project for different clients, but i will give the authors credits for there great jobs. But if the client get a problem with a licence issue he can point at me and i can show that i have 5 licence for 5 different movies. Is that correct?

Not sure exactly what you were asking for in this last question. But just wanted to point out that you cannot use one file multiple times on one license. For example, if you but a file for client A. You customize it and then give it to Client A, project over. Now Client B comes along and wants something similar…the license you bought for the Client A project is a Single Use license, meaning it can be used for one project. Now that the project with Client A is over, you’d need to purchase the file again to use with Client B.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Not sure exactly what you were asking for in this last question. But just wanted to point out that you cannot use one file multiple times on one license. For example, if you but a file for client A. You customize it and then give it to Client A, project over. Now Client B comes along and wants something similar…the license you bought for the Client A project is a Single Use license, meaning it can be used for one project. Now that the project with Client A is over, you’d need to purchase the file again to use with Client B.

Exactly Mark, and yes Filips, I resell the project to another client who needs a video promo.

I get the single license and only use the project once for my client. I’ve never had the case when another client ask for the same project, in which case I will need to buy the file again as Mark pointed.

if you have more questions, Maik336, you can always shoot me an email

Have an awesome day

8 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
Maik336 says

Thanks,

My english isn’t that great so excuse me for not making my selve clear.

@Mark: I know what you mean, 1 license for 1 client…

Thank you for your reactions.

@Zona: I will shoot you an email. Thanks

by
by
by
by
by
by