905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

Hi yall. I am buy lots of flash files here that really help my sites and lately allot of these videos available are catching my attention. I want to start using some of these files available here as design elements..Does anyone have any idea how I can incorporate these files without weighing down the site. I know I will dynamically load all the video so it basically buffers and fakes streaming but is it practical to use a few looped videos in a site as textures. I have ideas like taking a explosion or light movie using the frame of my website as a layer mask to the video.. So that my frame is now a loopable movie texture instead of a solid gradient or color.

What other ways are you all finding usefull? Thanks for any help or ideas. I will post more if I have any.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Well of course they can be converted to FLV ’s to use in video players…you can use many of them as video backgrounds…or if you want them as elements you can convert them to swf…resize…and using blending modes because I think the SWF ’s dont retain alpha channels. But once they are SWF ’s you can drop them into your flash file as if it was any other flash element. :)

905 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • United States
unchartedrealms says

Thanks a bunch. how big is a normal high res fullscreen video that has been converted into a swf file? Is that the best way to use a video effect as a transition. Do you think I should make a flv first then convert that into swf. Thanks for the help. I am really just trying to generate some ideas on cool ways to use the neat videos.

65 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
jimstr says
how big is a normal high res fullscreen video that has been converted into a swf file?

still big if you do not want to lose details. take this for example:

ORGANIC01 by jimstr
original 1024×576 (202.5mb), exported to image sequence, scaled down to 200px wide, imported to flash in a movie clip as a 90 frames img seq.… the swf weights 1.6mB – the 90 jpgs used have no compression so the quality is pristine.
3 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
jimrobin says

We use flash video and incorporate them into web banners – we call vi-ban technology ( video banner ) . Customers love it.

Check out – http://www.wpxdesign.com

just completed http://www.langleyspiritofbc.com

to see what I am referring to.

We use very small files and work them into the design of the sites.

by
by
by
by
by
by