3 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
cmyker says

Hi

I have seen this background video effect on a few sites http://www.newcontent.com.br/

any tips as to how it is done?

2 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Greece
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
lasop says

I suppose with photoshop and after effects. seems logic that way.

535 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
seifip says

Or they could mask the video in Flash… If you would do it in AE, you wouldn’t be able to resize the video according to the browser ;)

535 posts
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
seifip says

The effect is similar to group94 under construction site…

33 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
eleshop says

You might ask this guy. Here is a link to one of his (or her) products: http://www.flashden.net/item/full-screen-resize-align-pattern-swf-picture/10399

If you test his component, you can click on “upload external .swf” or something like that, and it loads a movie as the background.

I am guessing that they are just taking a movie that they created in Premiere or Final Cut, and import it as frames in Flash (with the resolution set way down), and then set the frame rate to 15 or lower, probably. Just my guess. I dont know how to set it as the entire background, though.

1955 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Emroni says

Hmm.. I know that you can use the Stage.width and Stage.height to get the width and height of the stage (well isnt that obvious :P).

You could load an external .swf to an mc, set the width and height of the mc to the same as the stage, and then it should work. Or am I just saying something stupid now?

4895 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I dont know exactly how its done, but look for a full browser video background on here…there is a few of them up for sale…I know on the site you linked to its just a video loaded as the background. With some semi-transparent pattern overlayed and tiled. I am assuming the only reason for the tile overlay is to reduce the obvious low quality of the video.

Its something I have noticed…full screen video backgrounds in flash need to be compressed sooooo much to retain a small file size and fast load times, that the quality is usually sacrificed, and I’m guessing the pattern is an attempt to mask this.

3 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
onedarkangel_uk says

I have a feeling After Effects, Photoshop AND ..Flash. Quiet a few designers started using After Effects with Flash.

I won’t mind knowing though. Might just contact the person to find out for sure.

4895 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

They didnt use Photoshop or After Effects… :)

If the question is “how do create the dots overlay, that is shown on the video?”, then that could be done in After Effects, but it also could be done in pretty much any video application that allows for layers. Its just a pattern layer over a video layer. My guess since it scales without distorting the dots, is that the pattern overlay was done in Flash, and the video is just video shot with a camera, and converted to FLV .

If the question is “How to make a full browser flash background”, then google just that, and you will find a bunch of answers explaining the process.

Hope that helped.

by
by
by
by
by
by