Hi Creative Folks! Hopefully you are all fine and well going. I received an E-Mail from envato reviewer That my uploaded project template has been rejected due to its quality standards. I was not disappointed or hurt, Because i am a bit realistic personality and i always try to learn from my mistakes. But at this time i want to learn more, So i am looking for your help to correct my mistake in this project. I am posting the rejected template’s video preview link which i have uploaded to youtube for your preview purpose.
Again i want to clear that it is a not a protest or that kind of stupid thing. I personally respect all the VH reviewers, But you know when you invest your more than 2 days to make such kind of thing and when it rejected. Then you are curious to know its mistake or reason of rejection. as per my research there are much much and much more templates in this marketplace which doesn’t meet their strict quality standards, or acceptable but they are approved for sale,
So guys, I am looking for your positive and constructive replies, plz have a look at my Rejected Template’s preview
I think the particle effects and text looks good.The thing that caught my eye was definitely the bat,the animation is jagged and it just seems to appear out of nowhere.I understand this is a halloween template,and you want the element of surprise,but the bat and the skull i something you should work on.
I assume you used Trapcode Form on this one? Do the skull only in form? I think that would look very good and also add some scary elements to it.
My suggestions if you want ‘em….
- Make the skull out of particles is a nice idea, but not necessary.
- Make the bat almost sihouetted – the exposure in the shot does not match from a compositing point of view
- Do a light-wrap round the bat
- Bring the bat in quicker and make it come towards camera quicker, so it actually feels like it’s coming towards you. Animate it on a 3D layer if you like. Choose your ‘lens’ carefully.
- Add motion blur to the bat.
- Not keen on the typo. Maybe just a taste thing.
- Maybe add some glow or atmospherics to the typo. Not a must, but would fit with the whole vibe of the piece.
Hi Unique & Felt, I am really very happy to read your comments, Absolutely correct what you guys have pointed out. The bat doesn’t match with the composting, I will be very careful in future to avoid these mistakes, That was a particular particles mix up with that skull. I always prefer the particular in particles mixing and reveals, I think it really helped me to understand my mistake clearly. No blame to reviewers ( about illustrating the reason of item rejection ) because i can understand their busy routine!!!