666 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
ZtarrZound says

Revenue sharing between authors would be really hard to track. The whole chicken or the egg thing comes to mind immediately.

Promotion of the combo item on both ends should pretty much satisfy both parties IMO .

25 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
Zanshin says

I think it’s a great point. If I knew a sale came from a videohive creator I’d feel great giving you a cut. But I also think it would be great for the score to have a link to the videohive project, then the audio and the video can each help each other with sales.

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

The biggest problem comes with the fact that our current referral system doesn’t allow ref links from within the marketplaces. Further more, if the person clicking the link, is already a member of the sites on VH, they’re account and funds are exactly the same on AJ. The referral system doesn’t provide a percentage of the purchase price after a referral is made. It works by giving the referring party a percentage of the initial deposit made after signup. So if a user is already a member, and has funds to buy an AE project, then he/she won’t be making an initial deposit anyway..

Also, the real reason we pushed hard to get AJ and VH authors working together is because it’s mutually beneficial. VH authors can get free, high quality audio to work with. And in return they share some link love. Now VH buyers are directed to AJ where the audio came from, and also AJ authors are encouraged to advertise VH files that use their music as well, pushing traffic from there, here.

249 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
miksmusic says

I think the collaboration between VH and AJ authors should be to a mutual benefit.

As things are now, the VH authors can use watermarked AJ music free of charge. Keep in mind that without ability to use AJ tracks you’d have to buy a license or stick to creative commons or public domain tracks.

If a tracks sells because of that extra exposure, I think it’s only fair.

One of my items (or at least one I know about) is featured in a VH project, and I linked back to that project from my item’s page. So as long as that referral commission works both ways.. :-)

Cheers, M

118 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
NovaseraMusic says

In my opinion, the shear fact of getting such a high quality piece of audio for such a great price is already good enough for me. Besides, we VideoHive authors should help out the AJ community, they definitely need it as there are so many great tracks out there with only 1-2 purchases… No need to get a few bucks here and there.
Agree. I promote my VideoHive collaborators, on my AJ profile, and also around the web on my website, or social networking profiles. That means the VideoHive author get’s their work exposed further. Plus, I also link to their project file. I’m sure it helps them get sales as well as me.
118 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
NovaseraMusic says

I think the collaboration between VH and AJ authors should be to a mutual benefit.

As things are now, the VH authors can use watermarked AJ music free of charge. Keep in mind that without ability to use AJ tracks you’d have to buy a license or stick to creative commons or public domain tracks.

If a tracks sells because of that extra exposure, I think it’s only fair.

One of my items (or at least one I know about) is featured in a VH project, and I linked back to that project from my item’s page. So as long as that referral commission works both ways.. :-)

Cheers, M
In the case of VH authors using AJ watermarked audio for free.. The VH author will get some great audio which can really bring the video to life, and if it’s catchy or really great, it can make the video stay in the viewers mind even more. They SHOULD tell the AJ author so that the AJ can promote the video..by linking to the VH project from their page. That gives extra exposure for the VH author. So, by enhancing the video for free, and giving exposure, this should suffice in my opinion. I think AJ and VH collaborations are wonderful and I love doing them. I even promote the VH authors by profiling the video on my webpage or around the web on networking sites like twitter etc. I always like to hear from VH authors needing music or sound fx.
31 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
isakukageyama says

Hello, I’m an Audiojungle author and this is my first post on the Envato Community Forums. I came across this thread when I was looking for ways to give back to Videohive authors that use my music for their projects.

It seems I cannot offer a commission, but I can offer a link back to the Videohive author’s project. I would be more than happy to do this for any authors that choose my work for their projects. It would also be an honor to write an original soundtrack for any authors that are interested.

It’s been a great experience so far and I’m looking forward to continue working and being a part of the Envato community. Thanks always!

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Zineb_Chraibi says

I would actually have no problem with Videohive authors taking some commission from each music track they sell as a result of their video sales containing our music. The problem is how do you keep data on whether or not the buyer bought the track due to it’s use in the video? I suppose it can be measured if all content (Both the video and the track) were purchased as 1 final product, the audio and the video.

What I’ve heard in the forums is that, AJ tracks take off and become “hits” typically when a video becomes a “hit seller” on videohive.

It’s pretty obvious that film and video editors are the best “sales representatives” any composer could ever have. I actually think it can go both ways. I do encourage VH authors to send their videos so I can display those works on my page, but only one has done so, so far.

by
by
by
by
by
by