• United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+1 more
smudgethis says

I will keep this short as I am not sure if it is a good idea, or just me trying to snag a few extra dollars.

Every project (with one exception) that I have on Videohive uses a piece of audio from audiojungle. Within the item description I have linked to the audio file and I have it on good word that a number of Audiojungle users have seen boosts in sales as a result of this.

Now… my trouble is this. We Videohive authors create video files that work with audio and yet receive absolutely no commission for the referred sale of the audio. After all that sale was made as a result of the After Effects project that we have created. Surely it is in the interests of the Envato team to encourage further purchasing by one customer within the Envato network, as opposed to from another site.

Now I am not asking for the sale to be shared, after all the audio was created by the Audiojungle author and they are entitled to their 50% (or whatever rate they are on) of the sale. I do however feel it would be fair to offer 20-30% to all Videohive authors who sell another product as a result of their hard work, be it audio, a stock photo used in the template etc.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else on this, especially Audiojungle authors who see sales boosted by a successful Videohive item that uses their composition.

That is all.

J

851 posts Nicely done
  • Elite Author
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
MotionRevolver Reviewer says

I see your point, but the referrals usually don’t work if the link is generated within the marketplace. Referrals are only counted (or allowed) if the link is generated from outside Envato’s marketplaces, which I’m sure you’ve noticed the referral code gets removed when trying to add it to a link within your posts.

It would be nice to be able to receive commission on the sale of an audio track, especially if your video file was the catalyst to that sale, but I think it’s a losing cause to ask for it to be implemented. :)

257 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VinhSonNguyen says

In my opinion, the shear fact of getting such a high quality piece of audio for such a great price is already good enough for me. Besides, we VideoHive authors should help out the AJ community, they definitely need it as there are so many great tracks out there with only 1-2 purchases… No need to get a few bucks here and there.

385 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Italy
realthing says

So based on your idea in case that you choose to use an already successful audio track with more than 100 sales….. you have to give commission because the track helped your projects sales

I think that sometimes the music is VERY IMPORTAND and I am happy just by the fact that some audiojungle authors give me the right to use their music.

DON ’T undervalue the power of music .

REALTHING

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
smudgethis says

MR: I hadn’t actually noticed that. I’m sure from a technical point of view it would be fairly easy to track the sale of an audio item that was linked from an item within your portfolio.

VSN : I do agree, the price is fantastic for the quality of the audio. I suppose I was just curious at to why Envato wasn’t making a point of trying to retain sales within the network and helping to encourage this communal vibe by offering a small financial reward for promoting/selling other individual’s items.

At the end of the day the AE templates here are also very reasonably priced and if you have created a successful file that is selling into the hundreds per month, that extra dollar or two really starts to add up.

I am sure also that a huge chunk of my sales have come from the fact that I have used a composer’s fantastic audio.

I just thought it might be worth putting it out there. I’m on both sides of the fence.

A puzzler… but thanks for your thoughts.

404 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
smudgethis says
realthing said
So based on your idea in case that you choose to use an already successful audio track with more than 100 sales….. you have to give commission because the track helped your projects sales

I think that sometimes the music is VERY IMPORTAND and I am happy just by the fact that some audiojungle authors give me the right to use their music.

DON ’T undervalue the power of music .

REALTHING

No No! This is the last thing I wanted people to think!!

I completely understand that a lot of my sales would have been the result of the excellent audio used within the project. A piece of motion without the right audio can be flat, lifeless and downright boring and will more than likely, not sell too well.

I am not underestimating the power of audio AT ALL . Please understand that, the Videohive – Audiojungle combination is deadly!

QuadraphonixAssociation
QuadraphonixAssociation Recent Posts Threads Started
1041 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
QuadraphonixAssociation says
VinhSonNguyen said
In my opinion, the shear fact of getting such a high quality piece of audio for such a great price is already good enough for me. Besides, we VideoHive authors should help out the AJ community, they definitely need it as there are so many great tracks out there with only 1-2 purchases… No need to get a few bucks here and there.

I absolutely agree with you! I’m an author of the AJ community and I can only say that we really need the support of those awesome VideoHive authors like you! There are so many undiscovered audio treasures inside the jungle with only a few sales, but with the united power of video and audio both sides can make a profit! I’m always happy if my audio is used in a VH project :-) It is a real sale booster!

293 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
ivezicm says

I totally agree with realthing. I have seen some really dumb projects here which got sales just because great music choice. So don’t mud the clear water Smudge.

293 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
ivezicm says

If you dont like it, and you want extra money for music. Than contact some AJ author, tell him to create you custom work for your project as freelancer. And include audio file within your project. you will get higher priced project because of that and you’ll get your commision. But I think that this collaboration between AJ an VH authors is great just the way it is.

187 posts
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
WebRa says

Smudgethis, maybe, your idea isn’t so interesting for Top authors AJ. But to new unknown authors AJ, such as I, your idea is attractive. I had such idea of cooperation with authors VH, for example: author VH buys audio track for the project (11 – 14$) and informs me on it. When the project is ready and published, the author of the project informs link on the project to me. I buy this project (20-25$). After that author VH adds the link to my audio in the description. Author VH receives fast sale in the first day (that important) and pays expenses on audio :)

by
by
by
by
by
by