217 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
animike says

I need to create a CD or DVD that will auto start when put into a computer. I have already done extensive research on the method to use (autorun.inf) and read all the MAC issues there may or may not be.

My question is this:

The client wants a movie start FS upon inserting the CD. I figured i’d autorun and html file that has a swf embed with all my movie information. There will be a skip button that would jump to another html file that has their website.

I have had issues automatically starting the FLV in full screen mode (without user interaction). Is there a way around it? Any other suggestions for this project?

Also, I’d love any Sorenson Squeeze settings you may have used to compress movies for FS dimension (great quality compression)

2480 posts Premium Scripts, Plugins and Themes
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+1 more
LucidStudios says

fairly simple to do. For flv part you can use this file.

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Won a Competition
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

animike .. it’s impossible to enter Fullscreen without user interaction.. So there is no way “around this” . The best way to do this is to create a button that says “Enter site” or “View presentation” or something like that.. In this way you will “trick” the user into the fullscreen mode. See how bobocel did it in THIS FILE . If you make something similar to that the users will think that the fullscreen process is automated =)))

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
LucidStudios says
animike .. it’s impossible to enter Fullscreen without user interaction.. So there is no way “around this” . The best way to do this is to create a button that says “Enter site” or “View presentation” or something like that.. In this way you will “trick” the user into the fullscreen mode. See how bobocel did it in THIS FILE . If you make something similar to that the users will think that the fullscreen process is automated =)))

why impossible?

just set the displayState to fullscreen and you are done.

I have even seen a template / gallery file here on flashden which enters into fullscreen without user interaction.

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

I would like to see that template..:D from what i know it is impossible to start fullscreen from a function(this means without user interaction). Fullscreen can be stared only by the press of a button. At least that’s what it says in Flash Help. :)

3255 posts Nice Guy
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
RubenBristian says

Saafi i think we are talking about two different things :D I was talking about the “real” fullscreen and you were talking about the “browser” fullscreen … :)))

217 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
animike says

I’ve read that about the FS (that it requires the interaction). does anyone have any thoughts on creating an advanced DVD (autoplay DVD ) with a html site added on?

• Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
LucidStudios says
Saafi i think we are talking about two different things :D I was talking about the “real” fullscreen and you were talking about the “browser” fullscreen … :)))

you are right but may be he had used a trick to go into fullscreen like mouse detection.

129 posts
SpiderFX says

CD,

Use AutoPlay by Indigo Rose, you can set the parameters of the window to 100% by 100% and have it start with the disk insert. The program is pretty expensive, but if it is just this project you are using it for, I think the trial is a full trial for like 2 weeks…

DVD ,

ProShow Producer, you can have the video auotstart, and then when it is finished, have it come back to the title screen with the option of replaying the video or link to the website

The only draw back of this route is a Mac, niether program works on a Mac. I own both apps, and they are very powerful, and if you are going to do cd-dvd based work, you need a app dedicated specifically to that type of work, there may be others out there (like for a Mac) but do your research on the app and what it does, apps are not created equal!

436 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
ourben says
I’ve read that about the FS (that it requires the interaction). does anyone have any thoughts on creating an advanced DVD (autoplay DVD ) with a html site added on?

If you are publishing a projector(exe or hqx?) you can make that go fullscreen automatically.

by
by
by
by
by
by